PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
- “Flash Cookies” We may use local shared objects, sometimes known as Flash cookies, to store your preferences or display content based upon what you view on our site to personalize your visit.
Additionally, when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers, Paypal account, Klarna account, and another payment gateway that is provided on the website, email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
Communicate with you; Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and when in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here.
We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site -- you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here. You can also opt out of Google Analytics here.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or another lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
YOU HAVE CONTROL OVER YOUR INFORMATION
ACCESSING, UPDATING, CORRECTING OR CLEARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- You have the right to request access to and/or correction of any other personal information that we hold about you. When you update your personal information, you will be asked to verify your identity before we proceed with your request. Once we obtain sufficient information to accommodate your request for access to or correction of your personal information, we shall proceed to respond to your request within any timeframe set out under your applicable data protection laws.
- We normally provide such services for free but reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee for your data access request.
- If you wish to submit a request to access personal data we have about you, or if you believe that any information we have about you is incorrect or incomplete, or if you want to clear your personal information, please write us a letter or send an email to the following address as soon as possible. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT
- You may withdraw your consent for the collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal information in our possession or control by submitting a request. You may opt to revoke authorization of the privacy agreement in the plugin or by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. We will process your request within a reasonable time frame from the time the request was made and thereafter will not collect, use, and/or disclose your personal information in accordance with your request.
- Please be aware that your withdrawal of consent could result in certain legal consequences. Depending on the extent of your withdrawal of consent, it means that you will not be able to enjoy visiting the site.
- CANCELLING A SERVICE OR ACCOUNT
- If you wish to cancel a specific product or service, you can contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you wish to cancel your Account, please note that the cancellation will prevent you from using the full range of the site. Cancellation may be prevented or delayed in certain circumstances.
- We believe that it is the responsibility of parents to supervise their children when using our products and services. Nevertheless, it is our policy not to require personal information from minors or offer to send any promotional materials to persons in that category.
- We do not seek or intend to seek to receive any personal information from minors. Should parents or guardians have reasons to believe that a minor has provided us with personal information without their prior consent, please contact us to ensure that the personal information is removed and the minor unsubscribes from any of the applicable Heyup services.
If you are a resident in EEA, you have the right to access the personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below. Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States. If we share personal data originating by you in the EEA to a Group entity or a third-party service provider outside the EEA, we will do so on the basis of EU standard contractual clauses or any other safeguards provided for in the GDPR.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com.
Last Update: Dec 03, 2021